1007 Village Crossing Drive,
Chapel Hill, NC 27517,
- Skull base surgery
- Cost effectiveness
- Dr. Del Signore is Assistant Professor in the Department of Otolaryngology and Director of Rhinology and Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery at Mount Sinai Beth Israel.
- He received his medical degree from the Warren Alpert School of Medicine at Brown University and subsequently completed his residency in Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital.
- Subsequently, he went on to pursue a fellowship in Advanced Rhinology and Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery at University of North Carolina, training with some of the preeminent leaders in the field.
- Dr. Del Signore’s specific clinical interests include medical and surgical management of chronic sinusitis, paranasal sinus and skull base tumors, orbital tumors, encephalocele repair, cerebrospinal fluid leaks (CSF), balloon sinuplasty, and allergic disease.
- His particular training allows providing treatment via endoscopic minimally invasive techniques and office-based procedures.
- His current research is focused on health outcomes following skull base surgery, implementation of sinus treatment protocols and surgical intervention, and introduction and use of the ever-changing technology in the practice of rhinology.
- Dr. Del Signore has been active in clinical research and has co-authored many textbook chapters and published manuscripts in peer-reviewed journals in rhinology, neurosurgery and otolaryngology.
- He is an active member and presenter at the national meetings of the American Rhinologic Society, Triological Society, American Academy of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery, and the North American Skull Base Society.
- Dr. Del Signore also performs humanitarian surgical missions on an international level, most recently to Cambodia and Vietnam.
- He had an integral role in providing clinical evaluation and educational direction during otolaryngology seminars to local providers, and offering surgical expertise in difficult endoscopic procedures.
- As a member of the Mount Sinai Beth Israel Rhinology and Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery team, Dr. Del Signore is committed to providing exceptional, direct-access patient care.
- He is available for short-notice and same-day consultations for patients with sinus disorders and skull base tumors.