Department of Tumor Pathology
Pathomorphology Collegium Medicum Nicolaus Copernicus University,
Oncology Center; Franciszek Lukaszczyk Memorial Hospital
Romanowskiej Str. 2
Bydgoszcz, 85-796, Poland.
Melanogenesis and its role in melanoma biology, vitamin D endocrine system (vitamin D, vitamin D activation
- I completed my Ph.D. in Molecular Biology from Nicolaus Copernicus University, Torun, Poland in 2005.
- I studied the susceptibility of the skin and the internal organ cells to breaking of nuclear DNA induced by UVA radiation, since the UV light has been extensively used both for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes.
- After I finished my PhD I had got postdoctoral fellowship from University of Tennessee Cancer Institute at Department of Pathology, the University of Tennessee, Health Science Center in Memphis in Dr. Andrzej Slominski’s Lab.
- My project involved experimental work melanoma cells, as the most malignant of human cancers with specific tasks including the problem of melanoma radioresistance, role of NF-B in resistance of melanoma to therapeutic agents and effects of secosteroids on cells.
- After finishing my postdoctoral training I moved to Department of Tumor Pathology and Pathomorphology, Oncology Center Franciszek Lukaszczyk Memorial Hospital, Bydgoszcz, Poland.
- My research have been focused on potential role of vitamin D3 in human cancer development and therapy, role of stem cells in tumor behavior and progression and epigenetic regulation of gene expression in human tumors.
- Currently I am assistant professor in Department of Tumor Pathology and Pathomorphology, Collegium Medicum Nicolaus Copernicus University, Bydgoszcz, Poland.
- I am continuing the studies concerning the role of vitamin D3 endocrine system in development and therapy of human malignancies, focusing on melanoma and bladder cancer.
- I am interested also in role of melanogenesis in melanoma biology and its role in chemo- and radioresistance.
- I participated also in studies of optical interaction (oxygen bursts) between two neutrophil populations in response to infection (cooperation with Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Science).
- I am author and co-author of 25 peer-reviewed scientific manuscripts and monograph chapters and more than 50 conference communications.
- I am member of international and Polish scientific societies.
- I serve as a reviewer for several scientific journals.