Department of Dermatology,
6082, Clinical and Translational Research Center,
875 Ellicott St.,
University at Buffalo,
Autoimmunity, Genomics, Genetics, Pemphigus, HLA, T cell.
- Animesh A. Sinha, MD, PhD is the Rita M. and Ralph T. Behling Professor and Chair of the Department of Dermatology, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY.
- Following the completion of his M.D. degree in 1982 from the University of Alberta, Dr. Sinha received his Ph.D. degree (Medical Sciences - Immunology) in 1986 from the same institution.
- Subsequently, he pursued post-doctoral research at Stanford University in the Department of Microbiology and Immunology.
- Dr. Sinha’s subspecialty training in dermatology was completed at Yale University/Yale-New Haven Hospital.
- Prior to his appointment at SUNY Buffalo/Roswell Park, Dr. Sinha held faculty appointments at the Department of Dermatology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University and at Michigan State University, where he was the Chief of the Division of Dermatology and Cutaneous Sciences.
- Dr. Sinha is a board-certified dermatologist whose professional goals are aimed at bridging the bench to the bedside.
- He has published extensively, over 120 peer-reviewed articles, including 4 in the journal Science, and received numerous honors and awards for his academic activities.
- He is highly sought after as an invited speaker worldwide on a broad range of clinical and research topics.