357 Tehama Street Ste 1 San Francisco CA 94103
Intraocular Lenses, Cataract, Refractive Surgery, Dry-Eye Diseases, Biomaterials, Drug-eluting, Accommodating IOLs
- Andy is an experienced & accomplished innovator and leader in healthcare.
- He began his career in 3D rapid prototyping and Femto-second LASER technology.
- He led next-generation IOLs/medical devices at AVS, which was acquired by Santen Pharmaceuticals with material rights licensed to Bausch & Lomb (now Valeant).
- Subsequently, Andy led Oculeve Inc., a start-up consumer health company spun-off from Stanford Biodesign, with a first-in-class connected neuromodulation technology.
- Funded by KPCB, NEA and Versant Ventures, Oculeve was acquired by Allergan Plc. for $125M plus milestones.
- Post-acquisition, he was retained by Allergan to lead the TrueTear/Oculeve program to key milestones.
- Currently, Andy serves on the board of healthcare companies addressing various unmet clinical need.
- Andy earned his Ph.D. in BME from the School of Medicine at University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, his Masters in MSE from University of Arizona, and his Bachelor’s degree in ChemE from University of Madras.
- He has co-authored more than 50 peer-reviewed publications and has presented at various venues on leadership and healthcare innovation.
- Andy enjoys the benefits of meditation & the thrills of mountaineering.
- In his off-hours, he enjoys restoring and riding pre-WWII motorcycles.
- He is on a quest to climb the tallest mountains in the world and enjoys raising funds towards improving lives (www.summitforcure.org).