Toronto, Canada, M5S 1A4
Robotics, Mechatronics and Instrumentation
- Dr. Andrew Goldenberg PhD is the founder (1982) of Engineering Services Inc (ESI). Under his leadership the company has achieved a significant growth and global leading role in the development of new robotics technology for a range of industrial sectors.
- Since 1982 Dr. Goldenberg has also been a Professor of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering at the University of Toronto, cross appointed in the Institute of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering. Dr. Goldenberg is also an Adjunct Professor at Ryerson University and Guest Professor at Nanjing University of Science and Technology, P. R. China.
- From 1975-1981 Dr. Goldenberg was an employee of SPAR Aerospace Ltd., of Toronto, working on the development of the first Space Shuttle Remote Manipulator System (Canadarm).
- Dr. Goldenberg is a Life Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. (IEEE), a Fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), a Fellow of the Engineering Institute of Canada (EIC), a Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Engineering (CAE), a Fellow of The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), a recipient of the 2010 Ontario Professional Engineers Engineering Medal for Entrepreneurship, a recipient of the 2013 EIC Sir John Kennedy Medal for Outstanding Merit in the Engineering Profession, a Member of the Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEng), and a Designated Consulting Engineer in Ontario (CEng).
- He is a former editor of the archival international journal IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, and a member of the editorial boards of Robotica, Robotics in Japan, Journal of Robotics and Robotics Journal.
- Dr. Goldenberg graduated from the University of Toronto with a Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering (Control Systems) in 1976.
- His B.A.Sc. and M.A.Sc. degrees were obtained from the Technion, Israeli Institute of Technology, in 1969 and 1972, respectively.