Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine,
University of Catania, Catania,
Unit of Clinical Pediatrics,
A.O.U. "Policlinico-Vittorio Emanuele",
Via Santa Sofia 78,
- Neurocutaneous Disorders
- Mosaic Neurocutaneous Disorders
- Spinal Involvement in Neurocutaneous Disorders
- Childhood Neurology
- Andrea’s experience at the University of Catania mainly focuses on neurocutaneous disorders, genetic syndromes and childhood epilepsy.
- His PhD focuses on the treatment of Neurofibomatosis Type 2 with anti-VEGF agents (i.e. bevacizumab) and Tuberous Sclerosis Complex with mTOR inhibitors (i.e. everolimus).
- During his training and service at the Paediatric Clinic of the University of Catania he has also followed children affected by other neurological disorders, including epilepsy.
- Currently Andrea is evaluating the clinical presentation and course of more than 30 patients affected by Atypical Benign Focal Epilepsy and he will soon take part in the BIOJUME project as a clinician in London and in Catania.
- His areas of interest also encompass sleep disorders and he is currently an observer of Prof. Paul Gringras’ activities at the Children’s Sleep Medicine Unit of the Evelina Children Hospital.