Dept. of Nutrition and Dietetics,
Brooks College of Health,
1 UNF Drive,
Jacksonville, FL 32224,
Nutrigenomics, Development, Food intake regulatory system, Obesity
- Alireza Jahan-mihan (PhD. RD), an Assistant Professor in the Department of Nutrition and Dietetics at the University of North Florida.
- I have more than twenty years experience in research, food industry and clinical practice.
- I completed my doctoral degree at the university of Toronto in the field of Nutrition.
- My primary research focus is on the role of functional foods and their dietary bioactive components in health and diseases.
- The specific focus of my research program is on physiological and nutritional functions of dietary proteins and peptides.
- Both animal and clinical approaches are applied to reveal underlying mechanisms of functional foods and also to examine the applicability of research outcomes.
- The results of my research have been published in peer-reviewed journals.
- Moreover, I have been invited to various national and international seminars and conferences to present my research findings.