28, Chujkow str., n. 137, Box 6323, ZAPOROZHYE, Ukraine, Post code 69121
Study of biological markers of cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, heart failure, diabetes mellitus, obesity, endothelial dysfunction, microvesicles, stem cells, the implementation of visualization procedures and percutaneous cardiovascular interventions, the development of cardiovascular prevention and rehabilitation, especially in the field affected heart failure and coronary artery disease, improving knowledge in vascular biology and regenerative medicine.
- Dr. Alexander E. Berezin has received PhD in 1994 in the State Medical University of Zaporozhye (Ukraine).
- He is currently working as a Professor of Medicine in the State Medical University of Zaporozhye (Ukraine).
- As a Chief of Cardiology Unit of Internal Medicine Department, his research goals are fundamental study of biological markers, the implementation of visualization procedures and percutaneous cardiovascular interventions, the development of cardiovascular prevention and rehabilitation, especially in the field affected heart failure, atherosclerosis, and coronary artery disease.
- Based on this research and training in heart failure he has received several awards and honors, such as: Award of The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (2002), Honor of The Ukrainian Cardiology Association (2004), and is serving one of the active members of the European Cardiology Society.
- He has authored more 550 research articles, 15 books/chapters.
- He is a fellow of the Ukrainian Cardiology Association; Member of the Ukrainian Heart Failure Association; Member of Heart Failure Association of the ESC; Member of European Acute Cardiovascular Care Association; Member of W.G. on Atherosclerosis and Vascular Biology of the ESC; Member of European Association of Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions; Member of European Association for Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation, Member of W.G. on Hypertension & the Heart of the ESC.
- He is current Editor-in-Chief of Biological Markers and Guided Therapy.
- He is serving as an editorial member of several reputed journals like Ukranian Medical J, J Cardiology and Therapy, Case Reports in Internal Medicine and expert Reviewers for journals like J Genetic Disorders and Genetic Reports, Obesity, and Eur. J Clinical Investigations