11100 Euclid Ave Cleveland, OH 44106,USA
Tumor immunology/ immunotherapy
- I received her medical training at the Kaunas University of Medicine, Kaunas Lithuania in June 2002.
- I then underwent pediatric residency training at MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland, Ohio and subsequently received my clinical fellowship training in pediatric hematology / oncology at Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital / Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio.
- As a fellow, I joined Dr. Alex Huang’s laboratory in 2009 with a primary research interest in pediatric brain tumor, in particular, Medulloblastoma.
- I currently serve as an Instructor in the Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital / Case Western School of Medicine since September 2011.
- My current research interest is in the understanding of the immune mechanisms by which CNS tumors develop and survive in vivo, with additional emphasis on the role of Cdk5 in CNS tumor pathogenesis.
- These mechanistic insights may provide new targets and approaches in the development of novel small-molecule and immunotherapeutic strategies against MB and other primary and secondary CNS tumors in the near future.