Department of Physiology,
Afe Babalola University,
Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State,
Adeyanju Oluwaseun Aremu
C/o Mr. Ajomole Oluwashola,
P.O. Box 591,
Affcom Nigeria Limited,
Old Jebba Road,
Ilorin, Kwara State.
Cardio-renal regulation; vascular smooth muscle reactivity; Cardio-metabolic syndrome/Cardiovascular risk factors (hypertension, obesity, diabetes/insulin resistance, dyslipidaemia, haemorheology, blood factors); gene- environment interaction/epigenetics, cell replacement therapy for type 1 diabetes.
- Member, American Association for Advancement of Science (AAAS), 2016
- Student Member, Physiological Society of Nigeria (PSN), 2014 – till date
- Member, Student Physiological Society of Nigeria (SPAN), 2007 – 2010.
Honours and Distinctions:
- A recipient of Young Talent Programme Scholarship Academy, Pan-Atlantic University, Lagos, Nigeria (2017).
- A recipient of American Physiological Society accommodation grant for AAPS congress, Lagos (2016).
- Best poster award nomination for basic Science Category for accepted abstract titled “Improvement of pancreatic β-cell function and dyslipidemia in oral contraceptive induced insulin resistance by nicotine exposure is independent of glycogen synthase kinase-3” at the international Society of Hypertension Congress, Seoul, 2016 (Co-author).