Department of obstetrics and gynecology,
Federal medical centre,
Reproductive health, maternal mortality and community obstetrics.
- Dr. Adewale Olufemi Ashimi graduated from Olabisi Onabanjo University (formerly Ogun State University) in 1996 with Bachelors of Medicine and Surgery and obtained a Master’s degree in Public Health from the University of Glasgow in 2008.
- He became a fellow of the West African College of Surgeons in 2009 and presently works at the Federal Medical Centre Birnin Kudu, Jigawa State, Nigeria as a Consultant Obstetrician/Gynaecologist.
- Consultant obstetrician Gynecologist.
- I hold a bachelor's of medicine and surgery from olabisi onabanjo university in ogun state Nigeria and a masters of public health from the university of Glasgow in Scotland.
- I am a fellow of West African college of Surgeons.
Publications in journals:
- Omole-Ohonsi A, Ashimi AO. Grand multiparity: obstetric performance in Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital, Kano, Nigeria. Niger J Clin Pract. 2011 Mar;14(1):6–9.
- Ashimi AO, Cobbe SM, Pell JP. Scottish survey of public place defibrillators. Scott Med J. 2010 Aug;55(3):8–10.
- Omole-Ohonsi A, Ashimi OA. Non-emergency hysterectomy: why the aversion? Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2009 Dec;280(6):953–9.
- Omole-Ohonsi A, Ashimi A, Adeleke S. Spontaneous pre-labour rupture of membranes at term: immediate versus delayed induction of labour. West Afr J Med. 2009 May;28(3):156–60.
- Mohammed AZ, Uzoho CC, Galadanci HS, Ashimi A. Ruptured tubal gestation: an unusual presentation of Schistosoma haematobium infection of the fallopian tube. Trop Doct. 2004 Jan;34(1):48–9.