Building 2, level 6,
Room 618,PO Box 123 Broadway,
Computational Intelligence, Bio-Mechatronics Systems, Health Technology and Biomedical, Vision based cancer diagnosing, and Artificial Intelligent Systems
- Dr Adel Al-Jumaily is Associate Professor in the University of Technology Sydney.
- He is holding a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering (AI); He is working in the cross-disciplinary applied research area and established a strong track record. He established and led many research groups and delivered many projects, in addition to his contributions in building and extending many laboratories in this area.
- His research area covers the fields of Computational Intelligence, Bio-Mechatronics Systems, Health Technology and Biomedical, Vision based cancer diagnosing, and Artificial Intelligent Systems. Adel developed a new approach for Electromyogram (EMG) control of prosthetic devices for rehabilitation and contributed to Electroencephalogram (EEG) techniques and signal/image processing, and computer vision.
- He has successfully developed many modified nature based algorithms to solve the bio-signal/ image pattern recognition problems, such us using swarm based fuzzy discriminate analysis and differential evolution based feature subset selection.
- He is one of the pioneer researchers in developing many algorithms which proved its advantages in comparison with other algorithms. Many Ph.D. students graduated under his supervision.
- His research has been recognized through more than 160 peer review publications and the invitations to serve as board editor member for a number of journals and as chair or technical committee member for more than 60 international conferences,
- He is now Associate Editors-in-Chief of two Journals. Some of his current projects are: Design and Development of a Post Stroke Bilateral Therapeutic Hand Device, Myoelectric control for exoskeleton hand and prosthetic devices, Lower Limb and Foot Rehabilitation, Augmented Reality Rehabilitation Exercises and Biofeedback, Image processing based cancer diagnosing.
- He has a breadth of expertise covers a wide area of research and teaching for more 25 years. He is a senior member of IEEE and many other professional committees.