Department of Old Age Psychiatry and Psychotic Disorders,
Medical University of Lodz,
- metabolic syndrome
- I graduated cum laude from the Medical University in Bydgoszcz, Poland in 2004.
- I received Ph.D. in psychiatry in 2009 from the Medical University of Lodz, Poland.
- My primary field of interest is metabolic syndrome induced by psychotropic medications and mechanisms underlying metabolic changes induced by psychotropic medications.
- Currently, I am mostly focused on disturbances in central and peripheral homeostasis-regulating neuropeptides in subjects treated with atypical antipsychotics and relationship between bioelectrical impedance analysis, positive and negative symptoms severity and cognitive deficits in subjects with schizophrenia.
- These are two ongoing projects which primary results have already been published in international journals.