Associate Director, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center,
Reviewer and consultant, American Medical Director Association,
Faculty Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center,
Associate Medical Director Amedisys Hospice. New Orleans.
Marco Ruiz, M.D. MPH. FACP
2235 Poydras Street office 227,
- Non-AIDS defining cancers
- Geriatric Oncology
- Aging process in HIV-infected patients
- Public health in resource-limited settings
- Dr. Ruiz is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine and the Associate Director for the Geriatric Medicine Fellowship Program. He is board certified in Internal Medicine, Geriatric Medicine, and Infectious Diseases.
- Dr. Ruiz is an active member of the Association of Directors of Geriatric Academic Programs (ADGAP) of the American Geriatrics Society.
- He is a faculty member of the Stanley Scott Cancer Center and the Geriatric Medicine and Infectious Disease sections in the LSU School of Medicine.
- Dr. Ruiz is a National Cancer Institute investigator and team leader in the Non-AIDS defining malignancies section of the AIDS Malignancies Consortium.
- He is well-published and serves as Editorial Board member for numerous journals.
- His research efforts have focused on geriatrics issues in elderly HIV-infected patients and the aging process in HIV-positive individuals.
- His research expertise also includes malignancies in senior populations and the suitability of senior patients for chemotherapy treatments.
- Other research interests include frailty syndrome in geriatric medicine and palliative care interventions in senior patients with cancer.
- Fellow of the American College of Physicians
- Member of the Association of Directors of Geriatric Medicine Fellowship Programs- American Geriatrics Society
- Member of the American Geriatrics Society
- Member of the Infectious Disease Society of America