W.K. Kellogg Foundation.
One Michigan Avenue East,
Battle Creek, MI 49017,
Breast feeding, racial equity, holistic health.
- Dr. Gail Christopher is vice president for program strategy at the W.K. Kellogg Foundation in Battle Creek, Michigan. In this role, she serves on the executive team that provides overall direction and leadership for the Foundation.
- She also leads the Food, Health & Well-Being, Racial Equity, Community & Civic Engagement and Leadership programming.
- Gail is a nationally recognized leader in health policy, with particular expertise and experience in the issues related to social determinants of health, health inequities and public policy issues of concern to our nation's future.
- Gail has more than 20 years experience in designing and managing national initiatives and nonprofit organizations.
- She brings extensive knowledge and experience in creating a comprehensive approach to well-being and is nationally recognized for her pioneering work to infuse holistic health and diversity concepts into public sector programs and policy discourse.
- Her distinguished career and contributions to public service were honored in 1996 when she was elected as a fellow of the National Academy of Public Administration.
- In 2007 she received the Leadership Award from the Health Brain Trust of the Congressional Black Caucus for her work in reducing racial and ethnic health disparities;
- In 2009 she was named a Society for Public Health Education (SOPHE) Honorary Fellow - the highest recognition given to a non-SOPHE member, who has made significant contributions to health education and to public health;
- In 2011 she was awarded the “Change Agent Award" by the Schott Foundation for Public Education;
- In 2012 she received the recipient of the Association of Maternal & Child Health Programs (AMCHP) John C. MacQueen Lecture Award for her innovation and leadership in the field of maternal and child health.
- She is president of the board of the Trust for America's Health.